Bell is close!!!


Bell had her puppy count x-ray on Friday, and it showed 10 (possibly 11) puppies! I decided to fly down to Dallas to assist with her first birth, so this weekend was very full and busy. Mocha’s litter is doing great, and they are with Zach in Wyoming until this Saturday where we will all be reunited for a short while before they go to their new families. I’m missing my chunky puppy snuggles already! Bell’s temperature has dropped, so now we are just waiting for puppies to make their arrival! There should be a few puppies available after the birth, so text us if you’re interested in reserving one of them!

A very pregnant Bell resting

No Puppies on Rye’s Ultrasound


We took Rye in for an ultrasound today, but there were no puppies to be seen. We couldn’t pull off our original breeding plan this heat cycle for a variety of reasons, but we will attempt some special interventions next time. Her next heat cycle will hopefully not take place during any extreme weather, so we will plan to do progesterone testing and possibly travel to CSU for a transcervical insemination. We are a little disappointed, but it helps to have puppies to snuggle with right now, and Bell’s litter is due in a couple weeks, so we can’t really complain.

The Mocha/Whiskey Litter is Reserved


Mocha and Wiskey’s litter has been completely reserved, and a backup list has been started. We have a few reservations made for Jasper and Bell’s litter as well, but there is still room for both male and female pre-birth reservations. Rye’s ultrasound is scheduled for next Friday the 21st, and we will announce the results Friday evening. Anyone is welcome to text me to setup an interview ahead of time to discuss the reservation process, or you may wait until after the ultrasound announcement, and we will be available for interviews Saturday afternoon the 22nd.

1 Male Available (Texas Pickup)


We have decided to drive The Mocha/Whiskey litter to Texas, and we have one male still available. We have not matched pups to their families yet, so there isn’t a specific puppy available, but we have room for one more reservation. Please let me know if you are interested in a male pup now that the pickup location will be in Texas instead of Denver. We will be matching pups with their families soon!

Bell and Jasper are Having Puppies (in Texas)!


Bell and Jasper are part of our Guardianship Program, and they have recently completed their health testing. Bell’s ultrasound showed several puppies today, and we are thrilled to be expecting a litter that will be born and raised in Texas! The due date is approximately May 2, and pups will most likely be going home June 24 or July 1. Please text me if you’re interested in this litter and would like to make a reservation (male and female reservations are available)!


Males Available


We still have males available from the Mocha/Whiskey litter, and they are getting chunky and cute! Please text or message us if you’re interested in one of them (even if you’re only willing to pickup one in Texas). We might be able to fly or drive them to you!

9 boys and 1 girl!


We thought the last litter was a dramatic split (8 girls, 2 boys), but this litter made up for it. Mocha gave birth to 9 boys beautifully, and we thought maybe we were going to have our first all male litter, but then a beautiful little princess puppy made her arrival at the very end! Needless to say, we did not accept enough pre-birth reservations, and we have several male puppies available. Please text us if you are interested in adding a boy from this litter to your family!

We’re Guessing 10!


Mocha’s puppy count x-ray went very well. Approximately 10 puppies is what we think we can count. Her due date is Wednesday the 15th. We’ll set up her whelping area this weekend and prepare for the birth! With such a big litter, we expect to have room for more reservations than we have accepted so far. Any reservations that can’t be filled with this litter will be at the top of the list for the next one.

For those who might wonder why we do an x-ray, we do it so we have a good idea of when complications or pauses in a birth are serious. If there are 8 pups born, and we don’t know that there are at least 2-3 more waiting to be born, we might wait too long to intervene. It could result in tragedy for the puppies and the mother. Some of our clients ask about the affects of the radiation, but the x-ray is taken after the bones have calcified and the fetal development of the puppies is complete. The radiation in x-rays is miniscule and dogs don’t live long enough or travel enough to need to worry about radiation collecting and building up in their systems the way humans do. This might be the only exposure they ever have, and it is perfectly safe. We do our best to keep every mother and puppy as safe as we possibly can throughout their entire lives, and we want what is best!