What does working with us look like?
- Submit an application
- Approved Applicants will be contacted via email and text message
- All reservations (previously called deposits) are $500 and must be submitted with a Reservation Contract (the same day)
- Approved Applicants can solidify their place in line immediately for whichever litter they prefer (how ever far in advance) by pursueing Priority AKC Limited Registration ($4,000-WY or $4,500-TX total)
- Approved Applicants pursueing a specific litter can also wait until an ultrasound confirms a pregnancy and pursue general AKC Limited Registration at that point ($2,500-WY or $3,000-TX total)
- Approved Applicants pursueing AKC Limited Registration who are flexible and do not mind which litter their pup is from or how long the wait might be are welcome to make a reservation at any point ($2,500-WY or $3,000-TX total)
- Those who complete the reservation process will be invited to join a private Facebook group (Carmel Bliss Community) that will be updated every 1-2 weeks after a litter is born
- When each litter is 4-6 weeks old, we have families fill out a form that helps us match individual pups with families
- We will set a pickup day to be when the litter is around 8 weeks old, and it’s typically on a Saturday
What do we provide?
- Clearly defined contracts every time money is exchanged
- Prepaid and completed AKC Registration
- 26-month Health Guarantee against congenital defects
- Multiple rounds of precautionary and appropriate parasite prevention
- Early Neurological Stimulation
- Tactile and noise desensitization
- Area Training during weeks 3-8
- Socialization with children and other people of various ages
- Introduction to and playtime with other fully vaccinated adult animals
- Full weaning onto hard kibble
- A physical examination at a veterinary clinic
- First set of vaccinations
- Microchip insertion
- A head start on potty and kennel training
- Multiple baths
- Lots of snuggles and love
- A puppy care guide with links to some of our favorite products
- Assistance with travel details
- A safe place for any of the dogs we have produced should their families become unable to keep them
What is not provided
- Reservation Fee Refunds
- More pictures or video than we voluntarily provide on our social media or website
- 24/7 response to questions about training or about anything we have already addressed on our website
- Unregistered puppies
- Families picking their own puppy (We match pups with families carefully)
AKC Limited Registration (pet registration)
AKC Limited Registration (Wyoming-$2,500, Texas-$3,000)
Priority AKC Limited Registration (Wyoming-$4,000, Texas-$4,500)
If an approved applicant is pursueing a pet (no breeding rights), they should pursue AKC Limited Registration (LR) or Priority AKC Limited Registration (PLR). Those pursueing LR must wait until an ultrasound confirms a pregnancy for a litter they are interested in. We will announce the ultrasound results and that LR reservations are open at the same time. Interested Approved Applicants must be watching for that announcement, and they must text us to proceed with the deposit process as soon as they can (after the announcement) in order to secure a place in line. If there are not enough pups born to fulfill the number of pre-birth reservations we accept, those extra reservations will transfer to the next litter due or to the next litter from those parents.
Those pursueing Priority Limited Registration (PLR) may make a reservation whenever they wish, and they will be at the top of the list for any litter that is younger than 4 weeks old (after pups are 4 weeks old, other families have made travel plans and have possibly bought plane tickets). PLR clients have first right of refusal, and they can wait for a pup from a specific breeding pair for years if they would like or they can get a pup as soon as we have one. With PLR, an approved applicant can also have more influence in their puppy’s placement. They can request extra temperament testing, specific coat colors, and physical features if they wish. This option takes any rush and stress out of the reservation process for the client. This is a great option for families with specific timelines for adding a pup to their family or for those pursuing a candidate for service or therapy work.
AKC Full Registration (breeding rights)
Full Registration (FR $5,000-WY or $5,500-TX) is for those who are looking for a candidate to add to their breeding program. This option is basically PLR but with breeding rights. An extra contract is required in order to pursue this option. It requires that any dog from our program complete at least preliminary health testing before any breeding takes place (OFA hips, elbows, heart, eyes, and a genetic panel). We accept these reservations at any time, and FR clients have a very strong influence over which pup they get.
Local Guardianship Participation Fee-$1,000-WY or $1,500-TX
Remote Guardianship Participation Fee $2,500-WY or $3,000-TX
We accept reservations for Guardianship at anytime if the client’s Guardianship Application is approved. Families who become guardians get our first pick of the litter to take home at 8 weeks old. They raise the puppy until it is two years old. We then pay for health testing, and we breed the girl if she is a good candidate. She lives with us or a trusted local puppy whelper that we have trained ourselves while she has puppies, and she returns to her family when her pups are weaned. After she has had 3 litters, we pay for her to be spayed, we transfer full ownership to the guardian family, and we return the participation fee. In the end, guardian families get a fully health tested top pick Golden Retriever for free.
Start to Finish
Someone interested in obtaining a puppy must fill out an application. We receive hundreds of applicants per year, and we carefully sort through each of them. We select and contact approved applicants, and we give them further instructions about the waiting process if they are pursueing Limited Registration, or we invite them to proceed with the Reservation process if they are pursueing Priority Limited Registration, Full Registration, or Guardianship. Once reservations are completed, we invite those families to join a private Facebook page that we update every 1-2 weeks once puppies are born. We do not text out individual photo and video updates. Clients are not required to be on Facebook in order to get a puppy, but a Facebook profile is necessary for viewing pictures, videos, and updates. When the pups are 4 weeks old, we solidify a pickup date and we send out Placement Evaluation forms to the families, so we can match pups with their forever homes. The pickup date is within a couple days of the pups turning 8 weeks old, and it is typically on a weekend. We have a page dedicated to help those who are flying with puppies, and we help guide clients through that process if they need more help. We send pups home with a puppy packet that includes food, microchip information, vaccine information, vet records, AKC Registration, puppy pads, and a toy. We encourage families to post pictures of their growing pups on the private Facebook, and sometimes our clients even plan get togethers with their litter mates for birthday parties and litter reunions. We love watching our pups grow up with their new families!